Green Pomegranate

Now I lay me down to weep
Bleed my soul dry
Drowned the sheep.
Cut the wires that make me dance,
Bind my feet
And then my hands.
Break the mask that hides my face,
Suck down poison
Deny my race
Lick fruit from the serpent’s tongue,
Turn inside out
Then come undone.
Inhale that fire that sucks you dry
Lose an ear
So take an eye,
Bury peaches partly peeled
Reopen wounds
That freshly healed
Patch the tares with lies,
Cauterize nerve endings
Feed the flies
Cry out from crinkled lungs,
Shatter silence
Burst eardrums.
Tighten up your skin
Trap your fear inside a grin

Comments

  1. this is an incredibly powerful poem! honored to be able to read such incredible personal emotion from such an obviously talented writer. keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts