Tear


-->
I cry now.
I sit at my kitchen table and sob. Big tears well up; watering my cheeks, which plump like peaches…my lips are chewed and swollen. My lashes droop heavy like soggy black tree trunks. This anguish becomes my face. I'm flushed by passion; ravished by emotion…rosy cheeks, and swollen lips, and heavy lashes. My lover knows this face is not for love. My eyes that are usually clear blue like sky, appear swirling hurricanes. 
Even my set is not my own. My gate becomes another; my fingers work reversed…and now I cry.
Before...for years...I smiled. 
I swallowed little, round, blue bandages for my heartbreak. I laughed and I made lists. I took trips and wore violet. Now I cry. Now I close my windows to the world and burst against the panes. The waves crash around my ears and drowned the sounds of children playing. I look like a woman in lust...like a child in tantrum…but not like myself. I suppose my self has momentarily stepped away.

Comments

Popular Posts